Climate Action Stokesley and Villages are working on reducing the use of petrol/diesel vehicles through:
- supporting the proposed Endeavour Way between Stokesley and Great Ayton
- liaising with bus and train providers to improve services in the area
- identifying key multi-user routes that can be made safer for walkers, cyclists, horse riders and users of mobility scooters
- promoting car sharing
- encouraging the installation of electric vehicle charging points
- Moorsbus – weekend travel from Stokesley and Villages over the North York Moors – https://www.moorsbus.org/
- Harbus – Hambleton and Richmondshire bus user group – https://hambletoncommunityaction.org/harbus-4/
- Open North Yorkshire – a North Yorkshire County Council Capability Fund project helping residents, businesses & schools save time, promoting active travel across North Yorkshire – https://www.facebook.com/OpenYorkshire
To help our work on transport, here is a summary of the Government’s policy paper ‘Decarbonising Transport‘ that Mike Newton put together for the Climate Action group.
In July 2022 we held The Route Ahead to Sustainable Transport at Stokesley Town Hall and on the Town square. This was Climate Action Stokesley and Villages transport event, where you could have seen different forms of transport and learnt about how to make your transport sustainable – find more details here.